"A big part of my fears about coming here was to be able to feel safe and not under pressure and immediately found that those fears were resolved so I could enjoy the course."
Our new online courses
Courses at The Cart Shed
Monday 1st June to Friday 31st July 2020
Information for Learners
Courses at The Cart Shed look a little different at the moment, as we are not in the woods. However, we have developed a few programmes we think will give you something interesting and enjoyable to do over the next few weeks.
Courses are run remotely, and you will need to engage for approximately 5 hours per week (one hour a day) through joining in with online discussion and teaching. Support from the team is by email, phone, text or WhatsApp, reading handouts or viewing videos, practical activity and completing weekly worksheets.
You will need to be able to take photos and email or WhatsApp them to tutors. To get the most out of these courses, you will need to be able to participate in the interactive private Facebook groups.
1. Patterns in Nature and Wellbeing, 3 weeks, Mon 1st – Fri 19th June.
A course that looks at the patterns that occur all around us in nature, our responses to them and how they can be used to identify plants and animals.
2. Patterns in Nature and Wellbeing WFL, 3 weeks, Mon 1st – Fri 19th June.
A course that looks at the patterns that occur all around us in nature with weekly tasks for the whole family.
3. Golden Ratio, 3 weeks Tues 2nd – Fri 19th June.
This course will link the “Take Notice” element of the 5 ways to well-being, with learning about and looking for examples on the golden ratio.
4. Woven Star B, 2 weeks, Tues 9th – Fri 19th June.
This course will link the “keep learning” element of the 5 ways to well-being, with creating a simple woven star using willow and rush.
5. Horticulture and Wellbeing B, How Does Your Garden Grow, 6 weeks, Mon 22nd June – Fri31st July. Seasonal learning based on the participants levels of skill and linking the 5 Ways of Wellbeing with Horticultural activities
6. Horticulture and Wellbeing WFL B, How Does Your Garden Grow, 6 weeks, Mon 22nd June –Fri 31st July.
Seasonal learning based on the participants levels of skill with weekly Horticultural activities for the whole family.
7. Simple Willow Projects and Wellbeing, 6 weeks, Tues 23rd June – Fri 31st July.
An opportunity to try your hand at a range of simple willow craft projects such as a fish shaped pot stand or a spiral pen holder, as well as learning or developing knowledge about the 5 Ways to Wellbeing.
8. Mindful Sculpture and Wellbeing B, 6 weeks, Tues 23rd June – Fri 31st July.
This course will link the “mindfulness” of creating a simple wooden sculpture to learn about the pleasure and skill of working with wood
All courses will include elements of the 5 ways to well-being and how they can support you, particularly during emotionally difficult times.